Skip to content


Information for Current F-1 Visa Students

The following information is compiled to assist current F-1 students maintain their immigration and academic status at UC Merced. Many of your questions will be answered in the following links. If you still have questions after reading the information below, contact International Student Visa Specialist Lacey Long-Vejar by email or by calling 209-259-8913.

Maintaining Legal Status Visa Renewal and Travel
Degree Extension Degree Completion
Transfer Leave of Absence
Change in Major or Level  Address Change

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
STEM OPT Extension Social Security Card/Number
Reduced Course Load

California ID & Driver's License

International Student Handbook Cultural Events
Forms and Publications Conversation Partner Program
Withdrawal, Cancellation or Dismissal Dependent Family
Employment Options