Skip to content Skip to navigation
Resources and Information on COVID-19 Ask a Question

UCEAP Reciprocity


Due to the COVID-19 situation, our main office (KL-101) is closed until further notice, but we remain available remotely, M-F 8:00-5:00, to answer questions and provide remote advising and other services. We are also available to address any emergencies.

 Employment-based visas: Becky Mirza (; 209-355-0913)

J-1 scholar visas: Rico Johnson (; 209-355-1018)

Student (F-1, J-1) visas: Lacey Long-Vejar (; 209-259-8913)

ISS-related emergencies: Becky Mirza (209-355-0913)

Other queries & concerns: Garett Gietzen (; 209-285-9780)

If you are a newly admitted UCEAP participant joining UC Merced for one or two semesters from a foreign partner university, visit the UCEAP Reciprocal Exchanges webpage for pre-arrival information for the UC Merced campus.

The Education Abroad Program (EAP) is the international educational exchange program of the University of California system. It is composed of a specific group of universities around the world that have one year non-degree student exchange agreements with the University of California. For more information about the Education Abroad Program visit the UCEAP website.

If you are a registered student at one of UC’s partner universities, go to your international/overseas office and ask for help in applying to the Education Abroad Program. EAP cannot send you an application; applications may only be obtained through your university exchange office.

View a listing of UC partner universities.

If your institution does not participate in an exchange with the University of California and you are interested applying to the university independently, contact UC Merced Admissions at

Your interest in studying at UC Merced is appreciated and we hope you are able to attain your goal of studying abroad!