Skip to content

Update Your Address

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA Section 265) requires all nonimmigrants and permanent residents, including international students, scholars and their families, to report any change of residential address in the U.S. to the federal government within 10 days of the change.

F-1 and J-1 Students

Update your addresses using your student portal. OIA will update this information in SEVIS.

J-1 Scholars

Update your addresses by emailing us. OIA will update this information in SEVIS.

H-1B, O-1, TN, and UC Merced Sponsored Permanent Residents

Update your address with USCIS  by completing the online Form AR-11. You must report a change of address to USCIS within 10 days of moving.